Friday 7 June 2019

As our project is coming to an end, we, the students at Școala Gimnazială Vălișoara, would like to tell you what it meant for us:


Angela Gergely, 8th grade, Romania

BEFORE: I used to eat everything without thinking about the effects it would have on my body. I never wanted to try healthy food, like vegetables because I thought they were not tasty.

AFTER: After taking part to the mobility in Italy and being part of the project, I started to see things differently. I enjoyed my time in Italy and learned about the dangers of bad nutrition. I made new friends and I believe that together we can become healthier and more active people in the future.


Nicula Dragoș, 6th grade, Romania

BEFORE: I have always been my mother’s spoilt boy who always got what he wanted, sweets and anything. I was equally inactive, spending most of my time at home.

AFTER: Being part of this project I learned to eat correctly and healthy. I made new friends and even at school I started to be involved in all the physical activities and games. Now I tell my mother to add extra ingredients like veggies and fruit to my meals.


Lazar Ionuț , 6th grade, Romania

BEFORE: I was a careless person and I constantly neglected my food intake. I am not fat, but I always eat sugars and food rich in fats. I also used to be quite shy.

AFTER: Since I took part to the mobility in Italy, I made a lot of new friends and I became more self-conscious about what I eat. I really enjoyed the food I had there, during the mobility. After returning home, I asked my mom to cook me the same things. I also made new friends who I have been in touch with since I came back home.


Maria Arnăutu, 8th grade, Romania

BEFORE: I used to struggle with my weight a little. I had bad eating habits, late snacks and zero physical activities.

AFTER: the mobility in Greece really changed things for me. I had great fun during the climbing and hiking activities, and I notice improvements in my physical health. I also enjoyed the tasty and healthy food we ate. After returning home, I work out every day and I am careful about what I eat, after listening to the discussions about nutrition in the mobility.


Petresc Andra, 8th grade, Romania

BEFORE: I was very inactive as a person and I never cared to do anything about it. In addition, I hated getting tired during walking and any other physical activities.

AFTER: I had the chance to see the beautiful Kalymnos in Greece, where I participated in many nice outdoor activities, such as horse-riding and hiking, which actually made me very happy. We did a lot of walking and I noticed that it had a positive effect on my state of mind as well as on my body. I started to adopt a different lifestyle once I got back home.


Neagoș Daria, 6th grade, Romania

BEFORE: At home and at school I never take part to any physical activities. I avoid them as they make me feel uncomfortable about my weight.

AFTER: I was very lucky to be selected for the mobility in Greece. I loved all the places we visited. I especially liked the Yoga class we attended and the hiking on the cliffs. Those experiences opened my eyes to the pleasures of doing exercise. Now I see things differently at school.


Răzvan Jurca, 7th grade, Romania

BEFORE: I have always been an active person. I enjoy playing football and other sports as well. With food, I am a bit picky and I didn’t really eat a lot of fruit and vegetables.

AFTER: Taking part to the mobility in Portugal, in April, I had great fun during the activities on the beach and the many sports we played. The food was great and I saw that many students ate veggies and fruit, which encouraged me to do it as well. Now I tend to consume more myself.


Adi Madoșa, 7th grade, Romania

BEFORE: I never paid attention to my diet and I never got involved in sports unless I had to a school.

AFTER: During the mobility in Portugal I learned the specific sports of other countries and we had a lot of competitions, on the beach. The activities were extremely nice and I liked them. The made me see how much fun someone can have while playing and doing healthy exercise.


Matei Resiga, 7th grade, Romania
BEFORE: I love food. I always eat as much as I can or as much as I find on the table. I know it is not healthy, but I like it.
AFTER: In the Portugal mobility, I learned that it is important to eat healthy food and to do a lot of sports in order to be fit and healthy. I loved the beach competitions and even the Zumba lesson. I t was very fun. Now I am trying to be more careful about my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment